1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Going to see ISIS on Thursday...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, May 2, 2006.

1. ... Along with Zombi and Dalek.

And I'm pretty stoked. I've watched a couple live vids from them and they sounded and looked like fun. Going to see them at the Avalon Club in NYC. Anyone see who's seen them live wanna leave their opinions? I know I won't be dissapointed, but just wanted to know. Anyone going to see them this day or later during this tour?

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Your post seems to suggest that you don't own any Isis? Or am I just reading this wrong?

3. Reading it wrong. I do own Isis, both Panopticon and Oceanic.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Cool :D Enjoy the show - it'll be minty.

5. fun? they were pretty serious when i saw them. didn't really move. and SOO loud. really really loud. bring ear plugs

6. Well just got back and it was a really good show. Zombi was way better than I expected (got to see them sound check too). The Electronica thing sounded a hell of a lot better live then what they have on there myspace. The drummer is damn good.

Dalek... well theres a difference between abience and noise... they were noise. The guy on the turn tables (which consisted of two Mac's, a mixer adn a drum machine) was like a frekkin metal head, headbanging. They had a lot of energy, but the mix was poor, just too noisy.

Isis sounded great. Everyone is that band is amazing, tons of energy. They played three new songs along with a coupel of of Oceanic and Panopticon. They closed with So Did We (first song on Panopticon) and everyone went crazy. They are def. underrated and really talented. I would see them again anytime. I hope they don't get too famous though, cause I don't mind paying 13 bucks to see (in this case) two good bands.

7. rwelcome

rwelcome

Jan 26, 2005
    I just finished building a bass for Jeff of ISIS, he's a good friend. I should have pics of the bass up on my website gallery in a day or so. www.sageguitars.com if you have any intrest. I caught the CT show, they sounded great.

8. Caeros

Caeros

Jul 24, 2002
    Branford, CT
    I was at the CT show as well, the band was incredibly animated and sounded very tight. Easily one of the best shows I've ever been to.