Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going To See Joe Satriani.....Stu Hamm?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Oct 24, 2004.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    well, i'm going to see Joe Satriani in Austin, Texas on saturday. i was just wondering, does Stu usually tour with him? i mean, i know he does; but i don't if he ALWAYS does. do you think he'll be there? i apologize if this is a stupid question...:crying:

2. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I'm not a huge fan, but I'm pretty sure he does.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Chances are it will be Matt Bissonette + Jeff Campitelli. They played with Satch on the G3 tour.

EDIT: Seems I'm right, and there's also that Galen Henson guy on rhythm guitar. Look here: http://www.satriani.com/2004/bandcrew/

4. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I saw him when he played with Deep Purple (I'm not sure if it's the same tour?) but he was playing with Matt.

5. Stu Hamm and Joe Satriani are playing this weekend at Zone Music in Cotati, California. Being it that I live about 2 miles away, I'll definitely be there. It's free, too.

6. No wait, never mind, only Stu is playing. Also Toast Machine is playing after Stu. This should be really cool. It starts at 11:30 am.

7. nah stu hasnt played with satch for years....stu's having a break from the whole rock tours because of his daughter..he just wants to spend more time with his family and do his own thing for a while...new solo album i think, and GHS stuff

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I've seen Joe alot and it really depends. I've seen both Jeff Campitelli and Stu Hamm, and at other shows the Bisonnette Bros.

If you like Joe go. Your chances of seeing Stu Hamm there are at least 50/50.