Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to see Ozzy Front row tonight! Mike Inez from AIC on bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Funkster, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I had to tell someone!
    Got FREE tickets from a local radio station WAAF107.3 for front row tonight at the Worcester Centrum!!! WooHoo!!
    The best part is the Bands he's got openning and the band playing with him.
    First! Ozzy's band for tonight is
    Mike Inez on Bass from AIC
    Mike Portney from Faith No More on drums and of course Zak on guitar, should be a good show.
    The best part is Mudvayne & Rob Zombie are opening... COOL!!!

2. Dude !

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    That is cool! [​IMG]

The closest I've ever come Ozzy is the TV screen... his recent performance on the Leno show - with his soulless eyes, tone-deaf howling and off-beat headbanging - made realise that drugs really ARE bad, mmkay. But he's a legend. :D

4. lucky bastard...

Heh. Great man! Have a cool time! Get a T-shirt!

5. sorry to nitpick, but Mike Bordin was Faith no more's drummer.
    Mike Portnoy- Dream theater's drummer?

6. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thanx Mock I realized it was Bordin when I read the Worce Mag and the lineup when I got home from work! See what working for a livin does causes ya to have a brain fart:)
    It's 2:00pm I just got out of work and Me & the wife are getting our Sat BS errands done then we start to get primed for the show:D

7. I thought Suicidal Tendencies old bass player Roberto Trijillio (not sure of spelling) was playing for Ozzy now. I know he played on the new album, and last time I saw Ozzy live he was playin.
    did they go back to Inez?
    IMO R.T. is a better bassist.

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Last time I saw Ozzy live Bob Daisley was playing Bass............
    Now Im starting to feel old..........

Sounds like a cool show to me.Enjoy:cool:

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    You were absolutley right Chump! it was Trujillo an he was awesome for what I could hear it was clearly a guitar players night with the way the mix was.
    I must be getting old! first Metal show since Savatage in 92! Hmmm! nope Svendust & Coalchamber in 99!
    I was on the guitarist side of the stage so I never heard bass the whole night but it was a cool show!
    the tics ended up being a wristband and a stub We had a seat on the side of the stage or we could go down to the floor we did a little of both! It was fun. All in All it was a great show.

10. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Cool!! I'm seeing the Ozman on Dec 20 in NH. I saw Ozzy twice with Randy Rhoads, and havent seen him since. So, I'm excited to say the least.

Randy is still my favorite (RIP).

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i saw them december 12, Grand Rapids MI. i was a bit disapointed by ozzys set time (50 mins!!) but it was a great show. i thought mudvayne was awsome. they put a lot of energy there.

12. i was gonna say that trujillio was still with ozzy. thanks for beating me to it.

(quoting "send me your money")
    now gimme some bass! slapida-slapida-slapida-slapida-slapida-slapida-bomp! :cool: