Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to see Vic tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MarkMcCombs, Jun 19, 2001.

1. I'm going to go see Vic and Bela and the other 'tones tonight at the Blue Note in Columbia, Missouri! Sorry, but I can't hold back my excitement. I'll report on how it was, and I'm hoping to meet him after the show....

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Have a great time, and prepare to be humbled. The whole group is fantastic, not just Vic. They will all do solos, so just sit back and enjoy! BTW, Vic is very gracious and friendly after the gigs. He is usually out within 10 minutes to meet his fans. He signed my pickguard a couple months ago. I had him use a gold marker on my black Stingray guard and it looks awesome!
    Doc

3. Enjoy the show! Hold on to your hat, move your bowels BEFORE the performance (or else it'll be during) and bring a pillow or something soft to cushion your jaw when it hits the floor... :D

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man I wish I could go with ya man! We seen them in Springfield mo on accident! We live in Joplin which is about 45 min from Springfield and we didn't know they were playing that night! We went to go eat in Springfield and saw they were playing in about 30 min at the college! So we stopped to see if there were any tickets left and there was ! So they said we have some for the back for 20 and some close to the front for 50! We spent the 100 and was hoping it wasn't a bad spot! I was 3rd row in front of Vic and I think I did crap my pants!

5. WOW! I spent about 3 hours with Vic last night (well, me and about 500 people). I was directly in front of him, front row. I could hear his fret noise, unamplified! Now, I have seen him a couple of times before, but last night BLEW ME AWAY!! He, and all the guys were just ON! Literally, I did need that pillow because my jaw was on the floor.

For those who haven't seen him play, or think that maybe they don't like him based on a recording they've heard, do yourself a favor and go see perhaps the greatest bass player of all time perform. You don't have to like his style to admire his infinite skill. Seriously, it's something you can tell your kids someday, like seeing Hendrix in '69 or something. You will never forget it.

I met him and Bela after the show, as they came out and met fans and did autographs. Super nice guys. Got my picture taken with him.

For those that have seen him before, I think he's actually improved as a player in the last few years, something I'm sure we all never thought possible.

GO SEE HIM PLAY!!

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey friend post your pic! That would be cool! I met future man at a dave mathews show once! Man he was so stoned! Setting there eating a nacho and really getting into it!

7. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

Hes that good huh. Like Hendrix, crap thats cool. Hey Mark since your like a big fan of his, do you know if he made any good instructional videos??

thanks,

El SEÑOR Farto Gaso

8. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I have a video called 'Bass Extremes Live". It features Vic Wooten and Steve Bailey. It's pretty awesome. I usually don't get into instructional vids, but after going to a bass clinic featuring Vic and Steve I had to get, the clinic was amazing. Vic shows how he does his signature techniques and Steve shows an amazing display of knowledge on his fretless 6-string. Bassically they jam together and then both explain what techniques each one used on the song. I would definitely recommend it,

9. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

Does vic show how he pops so fast? I mainly wanna learn that.

thank you,
    fart

10. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

Sweet.. I'm going to see Vic this saturday. I can't wait. Hopefully I'll meet him too.

11. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    In the video he does show how he does his techniques, Vic takes you thru each step, explains and slowly demonstrates how he does what he does.
    Steve is also great in the video.
    I recommend it.