Going to see Vic Wooten 2night

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Zonplayer, Sep 12, 2001.

1. I was thinking that maybe the Flecktones would be cancelled tonight because of yesterday, but thankfully it is still going on. This about the 10th time I have seen him, what a great entertainer!! I cant wait!
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Glad you can go, man. Nice way to unwind and get away from the insanity of the last 2 days.
  3. :p

It will be fun, gonna see if I can get my gf to buy me a Tshirt..since she decided to wash my brand new white Zon T with a green towel :(
  4. I'm going to be there too!
  5. :)
    Kewl !!! See ya there!
  6. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I went to see Vic last night (Sept. 11) with the Flecktones in Iowa City. It was completely amazing. I got stand right next to the stage.

His technique and accuracy were flawless! I can't remember a day when I felt so low at the beginning and so high at the end.

By the way, yesterday was Victor's birthday. The rest of the band kept working the "Happy Birthday" melody into their solo work.

I have been so lucky this summer. I also saw Nathan East perform a clinic in Davenport, Iowa this July. Again, I got to be in the front row. Plus, I got to meet him, get his autograph, and have my picture taken with him. He is a very talented bassist too.
  7. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Damn, you're lucky. Did you bootleg the concert for us? :D :D :D :D :D
  8. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    Sorry, I couldn't even get a picture. Security took my camera at the door. Plus, I was standing about 5 feet away from a rather large guard at the edge of the stage.

I wish I could share my experience with you all. It was the best concert I have seen in my life. Plus, it only put me out $20. That's a pretty good deal for 3 hours of hearing Victor soloing and playing with the Flecktones.
  9. The show was great, probably the top 3 Flecktones performances I have seen. Got lotsa kewl pics too! I was 3rd row right in front of Vic.

Vic did some new stuff, during his solo he started gradually detuning his bass very low (not in any key) and played his Fodera as if it were some sorta African percussion, no melody at all just rhythms, utilizing EVERY aspect of his bass. I mean even the sound of the loose tuning keys were audible. And as if that was not enough he retuned back up while playing and continued his solo.