Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going To See Victor!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by =w=Bassist, Feb 9, 2005.

1. =w=Bassist

=w=Bassist

May 22, 2004
    I'm So Excited~ hes Coming to Albany in march nad playing the EGG. I've never seen him in concert, but i anticipate a good show
    Anyone here ever seen him solo/with bela fleck?

2. Prepare for one awesome concert, man! I saw Victor for my first time about a year ago and it blew my socks off.

3. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    I have seen Vic two or three times, and everytime its amazing. your gonna love it!

4. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Yeah victor's pretty crazy. I've seen him with the flecktones, and he did a solo piece on that same show.

I'm really mad about his current tour though. He's playing in bloomington, IN, two hours from me, but it's at a club/bar and you have to be 21. I'm only 18.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The next closest show is five hours away.

5. brohar

brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    Cincinnati
    Bring a change of underwear. When I saw him he kinda started the first half of the show slowly but the last 30 minutes or so was all out nutz. At one part he was playing 3 basses at once.

6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal

Thas bad, I know its off topic, but here everyone is allowed in a bar at the age of 16, why only at 21 there?? Anyway but dont think that Wooten will be coming here anytime soon so Im even worse :meh:

7. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey i have seen him a few times and every time he just blows my mind! All of bela will blow youre mind. But here is a huge tip for ya! Stay around after the show for a few and i would bet you could meet him and get a autograph! Every time i saw bela i stuck it out after the show i got to meet them! They are all very down to earth and nice as can be! 3 of the 4 times i saw them and future man was always eating nachoes! The dude loves his nachoes! He also had very strange red thin eyes! LOL :rolleyes: but so did i.

8. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN

Well here in america, you have to be 21 to buy an alcoholic beverage. So in order to even go into a bar, you have to be 21. I guess they didn't realize that there are a few reasons other than drinking to go to a bar.

9. +1

Maybe even two extra changes just in case...

10. lhoward

lhoward

Apr 27, 2003
    Western NY State
    I've seen the Flecktones in concert twice, the last time was in Buffalo when they started their tour last spring. I noticed a change in Victor's style and he played some new things I hadn't heard before. So be in for a treat. I haven't been able to hear him live with his own band. I noticed that he'll be in Rochester the next night, 3/20, after the Albany concert. That's three hours away for me and depending on the weather that time of year, could be a longer drive than that. So I've never gone there, although he's played Rochester the last three years, if I recall correctly.

I also saw him at Gerald Veasley's camp the last two years. In '03 he just showed up Sunday morning and was gracious enough to do a class for everyone right after Brian Bromberg's class. It was just amazing. In '04, he was a regular clinician, although he didn't teach any of the advanced classes I had signed up for - my loss. I'd love to attend Victor's Bass Nature Camp, but haven't been able to resolve scheduling problems. So I haven't sent in an application to the camp to try to get a seat in the class.

No matter what the setting or who he's playing with, its always a great treat, and learning experience, to catch him live; hopefully from decent, upclose seating. HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE ALBANY CONCERT!!

11. I've seen him in the Flecktones twice and the Rochester concert conveniently lines up with my last day of spring break, so I'm absolutely going to it!