Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to Tennessee!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by KPJ, Mar 1, 2005.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Well, next week I head off to Pigeon Forge, TN for the The North America Country Music Associations, Int'l Eighth Annual Country Music Week and NACMAI Hall of Fame and Award Show to be held March 7 - March 13, 2005, at the Country Tonite Theater in Pigeon Forge, TN. My band is competing to be the NACMAI New Country Band of the Year. I can take or leave band competitions usually, but this should be an experience! We are slated to play the Awards Show because our singer is being honored for having won her category as a soloist the past few years. We don't compete until Saturday, but I'm going to be there the whole week, taking in the sights and sounds. Once we do compete, we have eight minutes! Then, later that night, we do a showcase, one song for fun.

If anyone has any tips for what to do in the Knoxville/Pigeon Forge area, let me know! The drummer and I may make a daytrip to Nashville, about 200 miles west!

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Go to Uber Gatlinburg and ride the Alpine Slide! There is a nice muscle car museum in Sevierville, Branson type shows in Pigeon Forge, drive to Cades Cove, just search Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge and you can find all kinds of "touristy" stuff to do.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    good luck!

:)

4. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN

+ 1 on that, that thing is crazy! :hyper:

5. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Let's not forget Dollywood! :eek:

6. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Eastman, GA
    You lucky dog!!!!
    I used to live on the other side of the mountain from Pigeon Forge. Also lived in Knoxville, Maryville, and Alcoa. That place is GREAT!

Be sure to eat at Huck Finns. In the evening, you will find a good bluegrass band playing at the Ernest Tubb Record Shop Plaza under a Gazebo. If you go to Dollywood after 3:00 PM you can get in the next day free (I think they still do that). The nascar go-cart tracks across from the Super Wal-Mart is good and fast!
    And the car museum in Severville, that was mentioned earlier, and the one in Gatlinburg are pretty interesting as well.
    Have fun, you will find plenty of things to do and you can't get lost.

Happy traveling.
    David

7. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Don't forget to do a little hiking in the mountains while you are there too. You just can't beat mother nature for a good time.