Going to the Frankfurt MusikMesse...want any BASS related info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JP Basses, Feb 19, 2003.

1. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Hi all TBers,

I'll be going at the Frankfurt MusikMesse on march (7 to 9th).

As promised, I'll try to take as much pics as it will be possible and then make a report for you to see what's going on here in Europe :D

Please let me know if I can provide some BASS related info (no amp or effect please as I'm not very knoledgeable on those).

I can also offer you to make some quick interviews of the builders who will be there...

Maybe a mod could make this thread a "sticky" ?

Peace, JP
  2. Funkyaurora

Aug 21, 2002
    Thats`s great news JP!
    Pics from any "Fender style" Hot-wire, Marleaux, or Overwater basses would be appreciated.
    Only wish I could go there myself :(
  3. JP

Will you be having a stand to show off your basses or are you just looking around?

Sounds a great offer you are giving, I would like to hear what any of the custom builders are doing, as the big boys have enough publicity as it is.

4. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea, Id like to see some Overwater pictures. Any info on these basses would be nice too. I hear many good things about them, but never actually seen one in a store. Thanks JP.
  5. Bring me back a Ritter. A Jupiter model 5 string in marble finish please, but I'm really not that picky.
  6. Can you find out if BassLab basses play as good as they look?
  7. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    No matthew, no booth for me :D

I'll be just looking around but I may have one or two basses with me...

BTW, If someone wants to meet with me....juts send an e-mail so as we can arrange an appointement.

Keep the questions coming!

Peace, JP
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'd love to hear your comments on the Markbass amps they will be located at booth n° 4.0 B90

9. Apart from HotWire, Marleaux and all the others already mentioned, I'd like to see what Human Base, Schack and BassLines have been up to lately. Oh, and Sei as well, if mr. Petersen will be present.

10. Little Bass Boy

Little Bass Boy

Feb 20, 2003
    @MoltarRocks: A little Pre-Musikmesse-Info...
    The Basslab basses sound great and are played easily (I played them on the last 2 Musikmessen)! For me they weigh too less, I prefer heavy-weight-wood-Basses.

Check out www.lefay.de for really great german basses! :) A Lefay Pangton 5-String is my dream... And Fretless-Players will love the Remington-Bass... Btw. Lefay builds the PUs for Basslab.

Greetings from Germany! :)

P.S. I hope my english isn't too bad! ;-)
  11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    LBB, I like your taste in Le Fays :cool:

Too bad I probably won't make it to MM this year.
  12. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Hey JMX,

Cool to see the word "probably" in your last sentence :D
    This means there is still a chance for you to come!!

Come on Bro' I'm sure you can do it!

Peace, JP
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this'll stay stuck up at the top until after musik messe. have fun, wish i could go. :D
  14. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I'd appriciate any info what the European amplification manufacturers (Ashdown, EBS, Glockenklang for example) are up to, especially on stand-alone cabs, portable cabs, 12"-equipped cabs and 300-500w heads.

Amp pics are welcome too! Oh, and if you see Esh basses, give them a go and snatch couple close-range pics for me, will ya?
  15. How about Moscato, and another vote for Basslab.

16. Bjorn (i'm not sure how to make the umlaut),

Thanks for information. Has anyone seen one of these in California? I'm interested in trying one (either Basslab or LeFay)

I know what you mean about the materials. I have both wood and luthite basses. The luthite ones are very light weight. I think you meant to say "weigh too little" - but we'll only give you 5 points off for that one - you still get an "A" in English. I'd certainly fail German!

17. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Jean-Luc (Moscato) probably won't be at the MM. I got to check with him on the phone though!

Peace, JP
  18. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Please limit your question to BASSES...;)

Unless I see something completly new and spectacular, I won't investigate any amp/effects booth! I want to concentrate on basses :D

Peace, JP
  19. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Another vote for Jens Ritter, and I would be interested in Jerzy Drozd also (especially the neck-throughs).
    Both might be interesting for an interview too... but first pictures and comments on sound and playability! (how different do the 24 and 28 fret models of jerzy play? Is it still comfortable to slap on the 28frets?)

Have fun, and thanks already!