Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

going to the midnight showing of lord of the rings tonight

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Dec 17, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    4 hours until my 3 hour heaping helping of gandalf goodness. w00t :D

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ahem...the movie is 2 hours and 59 minutes long, NOT 3 hours. granted your total movie going experience will breech the 3 hour marker(and then some) you should always be wary of the little things :D. Actually I'm only being this critical because I'm jealous!(thats right I'm made of Jeal)

I'm seeing it at 8:30 on Wednesday night, definatly not opening, but it is the opening day, and thats good enough for me :)

I got my tickets from fandango last night....I just watched the extended version of the Fellowship of The Ring....*drooool* it is soooo good, such a great movie, and the extended version only makes it better.

enjoy the movie!(from a friend, whos dad is in the academy and has already seen the movie...."it makes the first one look like silly putty")

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think i'm going to stow in the theater tonight so that i can get a good seat for the opening show again tomorrow.

if i doth cometh back to yon site posting with cheeseth verbiage of yore, the cause doth now be apparent. :D

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Don't forget your Rush shirt and take along a deck of Magic the Gathering for the long wait in line :D

5. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, i was going to dust off the ole d&d books and crack open the ole bag o'dice. i'm sure there'll be some serious powergamers there tonight, donthcha know? :rolleyes: :D.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    LOL!

ahhh yes.....lol.

I am reminded of "Airheads" when all the rockers reveal their secret identies and hobbies, also "slc punk" in the flashback scene :D

good stuff.

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey dude, what's your thac0 with that vorpal sword?

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ooooooooh, i'll be there tomorrow, yo...i wonder...in the return of the king where eowyn kills the lord of the nazgul, are they going to refer to him as the "the witch-king" or his real name, which was only ever mentioned once, dwimmerlaik? hmmm...

9. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I am going to be there for the midnight showing :D It has been way too long waiting for this. I bet your right there are going to be some serious "fans" there. I can't wait, 2.5 hours to go :( :) :D

10. the extended version is SO much better. the regular was really awesome (of course), but with the extra stuff, it was even greater, with the gift giving and what not.
    i love how on the end of the vhs they scroll through all the names of the members of the lotr fan club. it took soooooo long. and yes, i watched through the whole thing.

11. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I bought the extended Fellowship DVD goood stuff :D. I Have tickets for the first showing minus midnight at noon wednesday, and again on thursday night at 8, lol. Goign with two sets of friends.

12. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    the bonus with the extended edition is you get a ticket fot the two tower for free with it. That just rocks.

13. odie

odie Supporting Member

JT- Man do you have a job to be at the next day??

Either way I'm jealous I'm still looking for a babysitter so I can go sometime this week.

Enjoy mumbles to self as I march off to bed "lucky mohawk wearin.....!!"

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah only the local theatres here won't accept the free ticket dealy so I'll have to use it later at a bigger name theatre. At any rate, the extended edition totally rocks....it is sooo very cool.
    its soooo cool that its the first DVD ever to come with a map ;)

15. reachjkh

reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    my wife and two of my daughters just left to see it at midnight...I'm the babysitter:confused:

16. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I am going tomorrow night.. I have a final exam at 8am so i am studying.. well not now of course. I have to get my TB fix in for the day :D

17. I can wait till Monday, you know why? Because I never got beat up in elementary school.

18. what was it like? y'know, not getting beaten up in elementary school?

19. I'm am impatiently waiting to see this movie, but since I've already waited a year I figure I can wait another week for it to be a little less busy.

20. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Just got back. I enjoyed it more than the first one. They really built up to the third one. It was a little long, but I got my money's worth.

Thoughts from the rest of you nerds?