Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to the PA with no direct out?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reel big bassist, Aug 3, 2000.

1. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Maryland
    Hello,

I recentely purchased a Peavey T.B.Raxx Tube Bass Preamp.Sounds great, but the Raxx doesn't have a direct out on it. It has 2 jacks on the back. A high output jack, and a low output jack.

Is their an external device I can buy so that I can send the output of the raxx into the P.A.?

Thanks,
    Greg P

P.S. I finally found the preamp that has the sound I was looking for. Nice clean bass tones, and awsome tube overdrive. Incredible overdrive. I highly reccomend this preamp to anyone who is thinking of buying a preamp. It is discontinued but if you find one, check it out.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    peavey has the manual for your pre-amp online. go to peavey.com and do a search in the manuals section on raxx.

i think you will need a di - from the block diagram it looks like neither output is isolated, which you need to hook up to a pa and not bet a ground loop happening.

look around for a passive di - you should be able to find a nice one for ~$50.

------------------
    you wanna see a frustrated guitarist? let a guitarist try to do something useful on one of my basses. _THAT'S_ a frustrated guitarist.

3. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Maryland
    Thanks John,
    Yea, just after I posted it, I checked out peavey's site and found the manual. So I would have to get a passive D.I.. Thanks a lot for your help.

I have a question. What exactly is a ground loop?

Thanks for your help
    Sincerely,
    Greg P

P.S. Would I plug the passive D.I. into the low level output?

4. I have a question. What exactly is a ground loop?

RE:Without getting too technical, a ground loop goes BZZZZZZZZ!You want to avoid it, trust me. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by reedo35 (edited August 03, 2000).]