Going wireless

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by monkeywrench, Sep 7, 2005.

1. monkeywrench

Oct 17, 2002
    Hey gang, you guys have always been very helpful before so i have another question for you. I've decided i'm sick of tripping over all my chords so i want to go to a sweet wire-less set up. i'm going to buy it from the Musicians Friend website, and i just wanted to know which wireless system is the best choice. i just got approved for my platinum card and so i'm not worried about the price i just want the best most reliable one.
    The Shure brand one is most expensive but i don't want to go on that alone, i'd like to hear from you guys if it's actually worth the money, or if i'm just as well off with one of the others.
    Thanks a lot guys I appreciate any help i can get on this.

2. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I did a lot of research on this topic a couple of months ago. I decided to go with the Sennheiser system, which is a little less expensive than the Shure system. It was my understanding that either system should provide a top-notch wireless system. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, so I can't tell you if I made the right choice. Good luck....
  3. monkeywrench

Oct 17, 2002
    thanks man, anybody else who know's anything about this please help. an opinion on any wireless set up. i'll drop the cash for the Shure, but i want to be sure it's worth the money, i'm pretty sure it is, but i want to be safe haha
  4. there's another good thread on wireless. here in misc. after reading it i went with the shure ulxs14 system. munji and other tb members like the specs. it's on it's way here now. got it from northern sound and light, at a price that makes it very very appealing.... :)
  5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    had to go with a wire last weekend at a gig because the Samson was just making way too much noise...what a difference in Tone! I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a wireless system, and I don't really need it for any of my current gigs, so I'm going to stay plugged in for now...

...'wrench, just how many cords are in your set up???
  6. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas

I've been using mine regularly for 4 years now.