Gold Hardware Stingray Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freeslicefattyj, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Hi, I'm considering trading my Gibson Thunderbird for a late 90's Stingray, but the guy doesn't know if he wants to do it because it has gold hardware and he doesn't know if that makes it special or not. I admit I don't know, I figured it was just temporary stock that has been discontinued. Is there anything special with the gold hardware that really makes it collectible? I searched the forums and did some other research but I figure this is a great resource of knowledgeable connoisseurs and i didn't find much else.
  2. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Gold Hardware, as far as I know, was an option from the factory so there really isnt too much thats special about it. If you'd like gold hardware on a black StingRay you may want to opt for a spankin new Limited Edition StingRay.
  3. That's what I thought. I think the gold looks ok, wasn't the hugest fan but it's growing on me. I just love the feel of it. Plays a lot better, and has a much better sound for what I need. He has a couple Stingrays and said that that he thought it was unique because it had gold hardware, but I thought it was a factory option. Thanks for the reply.