Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gold Hardware Stingray Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freeslicefattyj, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Hi, I'm considering trading my Gibson Thunderbird for a late 90's Stingray, but the guy doesn't know if he wants to do it because it has gold hardware and he doesn't know if that makes it special or not. I admit I don't know, I figured it was just temporary stock that has been discontinued. Is there anything special with the gold hardware that really makes it collectible? I searched the forums and did some other research but I figure this is a great resource of knowledgeable connoisseurs and i didn't find much else.

2. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Gold Hardware, as far as I know, was an option from the factory so there really isnt too much thats special about it. If you'd like gold hardware on a black StingRay you may want to opt for a spankin new Limited Edition StingRay.

3. That's what I thought. I think the gold looks ok, wasn't the hugest fan but it's growing on me. I just love the feel of it. Plays a lot better, and has a much better sound for what I need. He has a couple Stingrays and said that that he thought it was unique because it had gold hardware, but I thought it was a factory option. Thanks for the reply.