gold j bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fenderx55, Jun 12, 2005.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    ok, i'm looking for a gold fender j bridge. all i want is a gold version of what's on my american for my jbass...long story, this is making me like gold hardware even less but it must be done. My problem is that my local shop doesn't have it andi can't find what im looking for anywhere on the web (stew mac included, all he has is chrome). do they even make what i'm looking for? and fender's been super awesome with me on the phone in the past, think they'll send me one if i pay and ask really nicely

oh, and call me cheap, but i don't really wanna spend 70 bucks for a replacement, when teh chrome is only 24...if i gotta ill just get the gotoh 201 from warmoth though... i just want it quick is all.
  2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Try here - but it's $78 (the chrome is $62, not 24?)

This seems reasonable to me, but then I'm used to UK prices!

And I'd go for a Badass, but you sound as if you know what you want...?
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah, i ruled out a badass just because it seems like there's just too much metal between teh wood and the strings, i have the standard american bridge on my MIA and i really like it, i just wanted to find it in gold.