1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gold Tone Micro Bass 25" failure

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mediocrity Man, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Wantage, New Jersey
    Well, I gave it a shot.

This was supposed to be my early Christmas present. When the bass was delivered I discovered one of the rubber feet on the bottom of the gig bag was missing. Upon further inspection I also discovered the pre amp / tuner was mounted crooked. This could have been overlooked if it had actually worked properly. The indicator light lit up green as if the bass was in tune. Nothing showing flat or sharp. Last straw right here. After I finally got the bass in tune using my pedal it stopped working all together. Produced sound for about 5 minutes and then nothing. No reflection on the dealer but this is bull crap. Packed it back up and requested a refund. It's already down the road and I'm not looking back. What a waste of time and money.

The good news? I already have a replacement on the way. A Washburn Stu Hamm AB40 for less than I paid for this piece of crap.

Happy again!

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Sorry to hear that. I've had my 23" Goldtone MBass for a about 3 years, it still works fine. Go figure.

3. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like you got unlucky with a bad one that got through quality check. My Gold GT MicroBass 23" has been going strong for over 2 years, but I replaced the preamp with a Joyo that faces me when I'm playing (the original worked fine), and I quickly got rid of the white Aquila Thundergut too sticky strings with Road Toad Pahoehoe smooth black strings. It's my go to bass uke.

GT Micro black Pahoehoe 700.jpg