1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Gold Tone Microbass 23" scale acoustic fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Nov 8, 2016.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This is a very nice 23" scale nylon/rubber strung fretless Ukelele bass. These GoldTones are great and come with Aquila Thundergut strings. This bass is wearing the OEM strings which I have trimmed once (they stretch over time and need to be trimmed back so they don't wrap over themselves). The fretlines are visible on the side of the fingerboard as well which is very nice.

I'm a big fan of the 23" scale, it falls very naturally under my hands - much better than the shorter scale Uke basses. I got this bass, took it to a friend's recording session the next day, and he had me play it on all the tracks that day for his CD. Even though it was new, fretless, and very short scale. He loved the warm, big, upright-like tone.

OEM gig bag included (very nice bag).

I've since picked up a Rondo fretted 23" solidbody uke and it's a better fit for me. Just like my regular scale basses even though I prefer the sound of fretless I don't play it enough to have intonation that satisfies my ears.

$265 shipped CONUS, paypal OK

trades:
    - Acoustic 600HD
    - G&L Climax, SB2, JB2, Trib SB2, L2K w/1.5" nut width neck
    - Gold Tone solidbody fretted ME-bass
    - Gold Tone Microbass fretted 23" scale
    - G&L fretless (L2K, L1K, SB2 or SB1) with 1.5" nut width, under 9.5lbs
    - maybe a G&L Climax/L1500 or L2K with 1.5" nut width, under 9.5lbs, and K switching on the L2K

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. craigb

played it last night - sounds great, very acoustic-ey, as long as I can ignore my intonation (which I can't)

pics Saturday

3. craigb

pics uploaded, trades updated

4. Bass_gurl

Bass_gurl

Nov 23, 2016
    Hey man, what part of Texas are you in? I'm currently in Austin and interested in your gold tile micro bass.

5. Bass_gurl

Bass_gurl

Nov 23, 2016

6. craigb

I'm in Spring in the NW of the Houston

7. craigb

had it as "no longer available" for a while but really, fretted is my thing so it's back for sale/trade

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016