Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Golden Spiral Located!

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Chasarms, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I was in a local shop the other day and noticed that they had a NIP Golden Spiral G in their string box.

IIRC, they are hard to come by these days. Any one interested should contact St. Louis Strings, in oddly enough, St. Louis. I am sure Michael would ship it to you if you were so inclined.

It was marked $55. He's always been good to me when I pay cash, I don't know how he'd be if shipping.

They are good people though.

2. Contact information for St. Louis Strings Please!!!

3. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    NYC
  4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    St. Louis Strings is an extension of KC Strings (Kansas City). Their contact info is available at the KC Strings Web site. Look along the left rail of the home page to link to the St. Louis Strings area.

KC Strings site

5. I called St. Louis Strings today (314) 644 6999 and scored a D and G for a total of $115! I wish they had more. I'd have purchased them too. They told me they thought they could get more D's from their supplier, but that G's were gone. These are D'addario Golden Spirals--not old stock Kaplans. I'm thrilled. They said, by the way, that they mostly work with classical people and didn't have much occasion to sell these strings. Thanks for the tip!