Golf Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by godoze, Jan 2, 2003.

1. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Someone mentioned golf in relation to muscle memory in another thread which leads me to the question: How many of you are golfers ? What's you handicap ? Where do you like to play ?

I play at the upper perk public course in redhill,pa.
  2. Hey Don,
    I am a bad golfer but I really enjoy playing. I'm pretty good from the tee to just off the green or in the bunker, and that's where pars turn into quadruple bogeys! I play mostly at a 9-hole course near my house and an 18-hole par-3 course near my brother-in-law's place.
    There was a thread on this a few months back, here it is:
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I play regularly (2-3 times monthly) from March to the End of October.

Pre-children handicap: 10.3
    Current: 14.9

I just can't make the time to practice and play as much as I once did.

4. I just started this past july and me and my dad are hooked. We usually go out to the par 3 about 10 minutes away or to a nice nine hole course about 15 minutes away. Not much lately though, damn you winter! It's a ton of fun. I hit it a nice distance aways for the irons but my driver...
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Actually, I think there's atleast one course in Finland where you can play snow golf.. Bright orange balls are very handy among all that snow :D
  6. I am not very good at it at all, but I do enjoy getting out there and just beating the crap out of a golf ball. I find it to be therapeutic. :D

I like to play the mini version more though.
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I've played golf only once, and the only thing I can say about it is getting drunk on the course doesn't even make it less boring.
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    We all know that the best golf is hippie golf. :D

(That's disc golf to you non-hippies.)
  9. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Dude, that would kind of suck. If I were drunk, I think I'd end up lobbing the club while trying to hit the ball ALA happy gilmore. And even if I managed to hit the ball, I'd never be able to keep up where it went.

Now driving the golf car on the other hand... heh heh. If I could nearly tip one over while sober, imagine what I could do to it while drunk... ;)
  10. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I almost shed a tear when my old golfing grounds were leveled in Plano not too long ago. 18 holes, an elephant course, waterfalls:( So sad. Right next to Guitar Center too. Bumper boats, arcade games....
  11. I used to play golf lots but I haven't been able to find time to play and practice as much right now. Handicap is 21, not very good I know but I'm only 15. I play at Warley Woods golf course in Birmingham.
  12. I play mostly at North Ranch Country Club or my local course Westlake Golf Course (sucks). Don't ask about my handicap. I'm kind of sad that I can't play too much right now, because I have been working and I hurt my knee, so swinging a golf club is not as easy as it used to be. Atleast I haven't lost my drive, I can consistently drive 270 - 300+ yards. It's always fun to get into driving contests with older men at the driving range, and beat them.
  13. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    too bad we're not all more local; we could hvae a TalkBass Golf outing...

FWIW... I know Ken Smith is a pretty good golfer.
  14. OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    Some friends took me to the range once. Had to learn right-handed, even though I'm left-handed, because that's what they had.. and everyone else in my family, who aren't much of golfers. Needless to say, I'd rather stick to video game golf. C'mon, you don't have to even get up, so why not?

I did ok playing on a right-handed bass, but I guess that's just the way I taught myself. Besides, I thought it made more sense to play the frets with my good hand.
  15. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I cut and pasted this from the other golf thread. I live in Woodside Plantation. This is from the Woodside Plantation website:

"Enjoy the spirit of the game at Woodside Plantation. a trio of championship golf courses makes our community a haven for those who love the game - The Nicklaus Design Course in the Reserve at Woodside Plantation, Bob Cupp's Plantation Golf Course, and Rees Jones' Wisteria Course. A nine-hole par 3 course is a wonderful place for an abbreviated escape".

Three 18 hole courses and one 9 hole par three course. I used to play several times a week, lately I've been playing a couple of times a month.
  16. I play golf about once a year for the last 5 years, and my handicap is hitting the ball...I mean too high to count.
  17. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've been playing very casually for a decade and started playing a bit more about 2-3 years ago. Now I try to get out about 8 to 10 times a year. My handicap is somewhere between 100 and 110, but I still love the game:D
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

There is a Putt Putt in Duncanville.;)
  19. Nope just disc golf for me, nicer, laid back people in my opinion