1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Golfers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattsk42, Apr 17, 2006.

1. I just found the perfect tee. I'm not affiliated with them or anything, but it really is the perfect tee. A guy that showed them to me has used them for literally years at a time without anything breaking on them, and they're cheap. I ordered a 3 pack of yellows and a "tee keepeer" and it came in like 3 days WITH 2 extra pink/purple (magenta) ones FREE! Here, check them out. http://theperfecttee.com/about.html

Just a heads up for those sick of getting tees and breaking them all the time.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Very cool! I've seen products like that when I go to golf shows. I'll stick with my wood tee's though. The problems in my game have nothing to do with the tee I am using.

-Mike

3. thats crazy...i usually just use the tees that rich people leave at the tee box because they might have chipped off the bottom of the tee, but its still good...plus you can't beat free :)

but that looks like it doesn't break...very nice :)

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! I thought I was the only one.

5. :D

tees are for the rich :)

6. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    I use your run of the mill plastic cheapie tees. Never broken one, and I'm not a particularly brilliant golfer.

... They can get bent if you hit a complete duffer, though :oops:

7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I do this too.

That looks like a cool idea though.

8. Yeah I tried to do that, but we don't have enough (or any, really) rich people around here. Plus I'm golfing a lot more now, and these literally don't break and are super easy to find.

9. yeah, and those are my two biggest problems with tees, so those are actually a pretty cool idea...

10. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    i like to tee up high, more or less grip-n-rip is my method at the tee box... break the tee about every other tee shot... and i've never found tees to break my bank...
    the question is, how will this help me hit longer? if a tee doesn't break, wouldn't that have a minor (albeit, REALLY minor) impact on clubhead speed? i'd rather shatter the tee and get 300 yards than keep my tee and hit 280.

like terry bradshaw used to say, "dance with who brung ya"...

11. Deception

Deception

Feb 9, 2006
    Why would any want a fairway tee? Picking up your ball and teeing up after your first shot is a penalty anyway

12. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Uh...these aren't fairway tees. They're regular tees. They come in different sizes, the smallest of which is for irons and fairway woods. Perhaps this is the source of your confusion?

13. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA

..correct....they are not for the fairway, but for different clubs off the tee......

I played today....man I love golf.....especially when I play well...!

Anyone have the 2-ball putters or can recommend a good driver?

14. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    So my buddy let me use his Northwestern driver... says "Microlite 59" and "ProSelect" on the shaft. Have never really used an oversized driver until this.. in fact I am pretty old school and was using "standard" sized (read: old) metal woods until this.

Weird thing, I hit a 3 and 5 wood (old/small sized) straight and fairly long but the old driver was slice city. This Northwestern driver straightens every drive out and gives me some oomph. With the old driver I was hitting about 230-250 and randomly catching fairway. The Northwestern gives me 275-300 consistently, right down the middle. I still like the old clubs for everything else, but when I'm looking to bomb one deep and straight I am pulling out the Northwestern now. My buddy doesn't use a driver so the club is mine now in exchange for one round of greens fees... Not sure how much it costs on the market, but I'd pony up for one.

From researching on the 'net, it doesn't seem that the Northwestern stuff is too expensive but gets pretty good reviews. </PIMPCLUB>

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Am I the only one that doesn't use a driver? I get great distance with a 3 wood. Plus, I hate graphite shafts.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'm not sure what your budget is, but I grabbed a Sasquatch from Nike. I love it so far. I am a huge fan of the Nike drivers anyway, so I may be biased. I had been using an Ignite.

-Mike

17. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    ...thanks Danny for the Northwestern tip.....have you played it a lot? (sometimes there's a plcebo effect where whatever "new" club you have you hit well!)

..and MJ.....the Sasquatch is what Tiger plays, isn;t it?...if it's good, I don;t mind spending a little...(but certaintly not $500....that's a decent bass!).....any good deals out there?

;)

18. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    hey wood...great distance is relative, isn;t it...

If you play with good players (like I do) from the tips, I'm looking for at least 275 to have a reasonable iron for the approach....

We should play when you get out here in June....there are great courses in NJ and Long Island....

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah, Tiger is hitting a SQ this season. I heard he still has an Ignite though too. You can find a SQ with a good grip on it for $300-350. I got mine from Golfsmith. Watch out for eBay. When I was in getting my clubs regripped, some guy came in with a couple Nike drivers he got on eBay. After some examination, the guy who runs the shop was able to find out they were fake.

-Mike

20. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Haven't played with the Northwestern too much yet, actually just a few range buckets (haven't yet had the time this season for a full round.. sucks...)

But I can say that an oversized composite head on a graphite shaft certainly outhits an old school, steel shafted standard sized metal driver.

Part of it is the feel.. I feel a bit more "free" swinging the newer driver, but I think something can also be said for the science/technology in the club.