Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Goliath III and Honda Accord

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryan_G, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I am getting ready to trade for a Goliath III and I am curious if it will fit in my car. Are any of you guys hauling around one of these? My car is a 96 model. I took a tape measure to my car and it seems like it will fit, but the doors might be a bit tricky. I would like some first hand experience.

-Bryan

2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    it should fit okay- mine fit in my '86 corolla (4 dr) and '87 sentra (2 dr) ... the sentra was a chore but i got it in there... the goliath 3 is a relatively compact cab for a 4x10
    :bassist:

3. Secondhandloser

Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    i have no problem getting a 410 avatar into my cars trunk, and I have the same car (year and model) as you... so, no problem...

4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    One nice thing about that cabinet is that its not quite as tall as the Eden XLT ... so it will fit in some tighter spots. My Aguilar GS410 squeezed into my '94 civic, but I actually think that cab is slightly shallower than the other two, and that made all the difference.

Accord is a little bigger than civic, so I think you'll probably be just fine. But a pair of 2x10s almost always fits better in a small car than a 4x10.

5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I can easily fit my Goliath III into the back seat of my Saab 9-5, so you should be fine. I tie one of the handles to the child seat anchor on the rear shelf, which makes hard braking much less of an adventure!