Goliath III portability problem...Speakerhole?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LonghornBass, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Hey guys,
    After purchasing a Goliath III 4x10 a couple months ago, I have come to the conclusion that hauling it around in the back seat of my tiny 2-door car is detrimental to my car interior and way more trouble than its worth. I have flirted with the idea of selling the SWR and replacing it with a 2x10 of equal quality but have had absolutely no bites on it. No one is interested. Another idea I have had is to purchase a cheapie 2x10 to haul to practice. One of the biggest underlying problems here is that I can't store my gear at the rehearsal space, I have to haul it to and fro every week. Speakerhole.com has a 2x10 for $99, although that could be a mistake to buy. So my question to you is, would the speakerhole 2x10 be a viable solution? Does anyone have any other ideas? The fact that small holes have developed in the leather in the back of my car seats because this big-a$$ cab is killing me.
  2. maybe you could put a blanket down over your car seat, maybe a thick one like a comforter?

that's a great cab, i wouldn't feel like sacrificing it.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    99$ for a 210?

4. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    I've got a good sounding 2-10" cab w/horn for $160 delvered to your door. That's right shipping included. It sounds really good just not as good as my 4-10 XST. Let me know. Good luck to you.
  5. Better check the weight on the speakerhole cab. It may be just as heavy as your 4x10. You have to go through like you're going to order it before they give you shipping weight. Those particle board cabs are like lead.
  6. I would be interested in your Goliath III!!!!!!1