Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Goliath Sr....low b

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canadian*eh, Feb 22, 2006.

1. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    The question i was wondering is.I have heard that the goliath sr was not very good at handling a low b.Now what i would like to know is.Does it just not go as low as a person would like or does it cause the speaker's to overdrive?Cause if it is just because it does not go as low as some other cab's then i don't have much of a broblem with that....cause i don't want an overbaring b note....just a nice tight one.But if it causes the speakers to distort....then that is a diffrent story.I mean i am not going to be playing it like really loud..........just at a good modert level....would it work good for the b string that way? Hope all you goliath sr. users out there can help my on this one.Thatnx:help: :cool:

2. well i have an SWR sr and it sounds like a beast ,i love the cab and i get a good and powerfull low end.never had a problem with a poor sounding b string.no distortion nor muddy tone.

3. I tried one in a couple of gigs with an SM-900: we play rediculously loud... the Low B was causing the speakers to distort. otherwise, it is a very tight and clean cab

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The Sr. was designed to allow greater efficency while compromising the low end. If you pump too much low freq. into it, it will fart out.

5. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Bump!!!:D..... Come on there has got to more of you out there that know a lil about the goliath sr.Please speak up...thankx