goliath sr.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by driver11, Apr 24, 2003.

1. driver11

Nov 28, 2002
    i have a goliath sr. and i think its an older model where the cage is a blackish/grey color and it says swr and goliath sr. on the same name plate in the upper left corner. now i know the newer models have a silver cage and has the swr symbol on the upper left corner and says goliath sr. (or whichever model) on the upper right. electronically speaking, are these cabs the same, and just the cosmetics different? i know mine is 4 ohms like the new ones, but is it also 1000 watts rated?
    also, i heard the older models are more sought after...why would this be? swr engineering vs. swr sound...
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm fairly certain the Goliath Seniors were all III series, so there should be no diff except the grill.

Oh yeah: your input connectors might also be different. For awhile I was running two Junior III cabs, one with pewter grill and the other with chrome. The connectors on the pewter one were 1/4" and 5-way post; those on the chrome were 1/4" and speakon.

I've heard one or two people say they prefer the Goliath II series, but again, I don't think that applies to the 6x10.