Golliath III buzz Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by A Rock, Jun 13, 2003.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    my SWR Golaith III is buzzing..what should i do?
  2. Can you clarify what you mean -

I.e.the sound is buzzy at any volume no matter what notes are played; or is there a background buzz/hum.
  3. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    you can definately hear it at a low volume..it sounds like i have a distortion or synth effect on the bass..even tho i dont
  4. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Well, I've got two ideas here. If this buzzing goes away at low playing volume while you're touching, say, the bridge with your non-playing hand, you might have a grounding problem. Your tweeter may also have been damaged somehow and is now giving you slight distortion during use.

Is the buzz more and less prominent with different basses? Are you boosting a lot of highs? Are you utilizing a great deal of gain? Have you ever (honestly) pushed the hell out of your cab for s**ts and giggless, even if for a very brief period of time (just to see what it could take, etc. etc.)? Have you tried using different cords? I'm sure the list goes on, but more info would help here.
  5. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    hmm i used another bass i couldnt hear the buzz as much...
  6. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    tweeter? maybe the speakers aren't screwed in well enough, sometimes i get a distortion/buzz when that happens.
  7. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Is the horn on, that always made mine hum quite loud.