1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gollihur German bow for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Jeremy Allen, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I'd like to sell my Gollihur bow, German frog, which I purchased from him about three months ago. I bought it as kind of a stop-gap in between using a friend's very nice bow and purchasing one of my own in the $1000 range. For a $150 bow, this one is quite nice!

$100 plus shipping, and PayPal works fine for me.
    Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    Hi Jeremy -
    I'd like to try one of Bob's bows - I prefer a smaller German frog. Could you tell me the measurement of the frog, between the stick and the inlay (? you know - the part your pinkie touches)
    Also, do you know the weight? And it doedn't happen to have black hair on it, does it?

Thanks,
    Stan

3. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Hi--
    The frog is on the small side (at least from my experience), about 1 7/8" in height. I don't know the weight of the bow, but it is on the light side even while it feels heavier than it really is because of the balance (it's a bit tip-heavy, at least if you're used to bows of much higher quality). The hair is white, and I haven't had it re-haired in the three months I've owned it; while the hair is fine, I think a re-hair right out of the box would have been a good idea, and black hair would be better for this bow (provided it's true that black hair is rougher than white). It pulls a nice sound, compared with the low-end carbon fiber bow I've also been using.
    --Jeremy

4. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    If it's 1 7/8 at its highest point, I think I'd like to try it - how do you want to work out the shipping, payment, etc?

Stan

5. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Yes, 1 7/8" is as deep as it gets. I just sent you an email with further information about a possible transaction.

6. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    Good deal. Keep in touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.