1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gonna be a boy! Middle name is gonna be Geddy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rich L, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Just found out this morning the baby we're adopting is going to be a boy :hyper:. After joking about naming him Geddy :smug:, my wife wants that to be his middle name. Can't argue with that! :D

2. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    good form and congrats! :cool:

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    That is so cool, god bless............................:cool:

4. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Cool!!! My fiance and I have been talking seriously about adoption, so I'll be interested to hear how your deal has gone so far, and how it goes in the near future. And Geddy is a cool middle name for sure. :D

5. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    I always wonder why Geddy sounded so wierd, and it's because my cousin's mother's name in Geddy.

6. as long as his first name won't be Alpha, you're good. :D Congrats.

7. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009
    First name Spig? :bag:

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Gedde?

kunibw.jpg

9. His first name should be Lee.

10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    She will probably nix that. I wanted to combine mine and my brother's names in order to name my son Stevie Ray Vaughn. She agreed at first, then she shut me down.

11. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Last name is Leatham, so Geddy fits right in! :bassist:

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice. Congrats. :D

13. PFFFT. Most women will be so high on drugs they don't know what you're doing til it's too late.

14. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Congrats! I wanted to name my first girl Cheetara but the wife wouldn't have it.

Geddy's cooler anyway.

15. You do realize that's not a real name. Mr. Lee's name is actually Gary, "Geddy" is just how his mother pronoounced it with her heavy accent (Eastern European?)

16. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Actually, it was his Yiddish grandmother :smug:

17. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    And you do realize "Mr. Lee's" name is actually Mr. Weinrib. Lee is his middle name. ;)

18. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Now just give him the first name Jaco and you'll be set ;)

19. I knew it was some female immediate ancestor of his, it was a while ago that I heard the tale...

Haha! Well at least Lee is an actual real surname! Maybe not his, but still!

20. Another nickname, he was called "jocko" as a kid for his love of sports and after an umpire who had that nickname. He changed it's spelling to "jaco" after a French jazz pianist sent him a letter spelling it that way. He liked that spelling of the nickname better and so he changed it. But I'm sure this is old news.....

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020