Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gonna be a cop again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yup...just got hired a lil earlier today. I'll be working in the township police department I worked at nine years ago. I quit about 5 years ago and have been working at FedEx. I'll still be working there...that's my bread and butter..but I'll be starting in two saturdays working part time. Pretty exciting stuff...the last couple of years I've been really missing it...I can't wait. Oh yeah and my schedule will allow time for practice and gigs at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Congrats and good luck.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best with your service, be safe. :)

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    will you be, what we call down here, a NPR (non-paid regular - part timer, no pay, but gets to keep his/her commission)?

just curious... :)

congrats!

5. Down with the pigs ! They splatter hot grease on me when I make bacon :(

Grats though, hope you have fun. I'll be taking my civil service exam in a few years. Some guy I know is trying to convince me to be a cop now so they pay for my schooling etc, but I'm not taking 8 years to finish college ..

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    What will you be doing? Patrol, or desk duty, or undercover work? Anything in particular you're interested in, or is it just an extra source of income?

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Congrats dude, Now if I get pulled over in Ohio, I just say I know Cheezewhiz and in MI. Rumzini, cool another get out jail free card! :p

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Cheezwiz, is a cop?!

I'll be a paid part time patrol officer. Leoni Township Police dept...second largest township in the state of Michigan. It's actually something that I just want to be a part of again...not so much for the pay, (although for part time it's not bad)...I've been missing it since I quit...it just stays a part of some guys I guess. And thanks for the well wishes!

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Congrats and good luck.

I occasionally miss working the street, but the hospital pays so much better that I can almost pay my bills working there. The street payed so poorly that I couldn't afford to keep the job.

Sometimes I miss the feeling of knowing someone was alive because of me. At the hospital it's never just me. I a small part of a big team, but on the street I could be the hero, in stead of just the guy who started the patients IV, NG, and catheter...woo hoo.

10. If I could only work the road part-time while making $$$ somewhere else, I would be happy.
    This whole "saving the world thing" gets tiring after a while. hahaha!
    KUDOS to you...Be safe, draw first, ask later! :D

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ya..I be da fuzz. I've been in this God forsaken job for 21 years now, here in lovely suburban NW Ohio. Burke..I'm tellin ya man, don't drop my name. Ask Tim Cole what happens when ya drop my name! :hyper:

12. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    21 years! Whoa! Yeah I'm only gonna work it part time while I get paid the big bucks at FedEx, (big bucks :rollno: ) I have a couple of good days here...tonight is band practice and tomowrow after wok is firearms training!! Yee hah!

13. Let me guess, you've got either 4 or 9 years till you are 'released'!!
    I've got 10 left to go and counting! :hyper:

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Actually, it will probably be 7 years. I'll have my time in in 4 years, but you can't draw retirement pay in the Ohio system until you're age 48, and I'm 41. I COULD freeze it in 4 years and find another job until I'm 48, which I will do if I can find one that pays anywhere near the same.

15. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    10-4

good stuff :D

16. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Congratulations and best of luck. I come from a family of cops (my dad and my kid brother - NYPD). I have the utmost respect for you guys.

Tom

17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Yep, at least don't mention his name if you get pulled over (or caught with your johnson out) by a toad that looks like squiggy.

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I actually call him "Manson", but Squiggy works too!

19. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Oh yeah!!!! Practice was a blast and firearms was a blast, literally! I felt sooooo good firing off some rounds. I t was really great seeing some of my ol' cop pals. I think this time around it's gonna be better.