Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gonna get flamed for this one...And out Come the Wolves...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Droog, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    So I'll start this saying that I am not that big a fan of Ska/Punk kinda stuff (except Voodoo Glow Skulls). Don't mind Op Ivy, but everyone tells me that And Out Come the Wolves is sooooo great. I borrowed my roomates copy the other night and besides the sick ass bass solo in the first song I was not much digging it. Maybey its cuz I am not 16 any more, I seem to recall liking Rancid back in the day :confused: It just seemed kinda bland, well redundent anyway. Go ahead, flame away.

2. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    That's cool. I'm 35 and I think it's one of the most exciting and consistant albums of the last 10 years and I listen to it all the time. I actually hate the bass player's tone, but the music is so rocking overall that it doesn't bother me. Now, I think that it should come with a sticker that says "This band rips off the Clash unmercifully. Every song on this CD is directly influenced by the Clash, they really sound like the Clash...no, seriously." but as far I'm concerened, we could use more bands who are influenced by the Clash.

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, nothing wrong with being influenced by the Clash. Personally I think it's the only really good Rancid album. It was never meant to be a showcase of the bass playing. Just good music and words.

4. hmm, I think it's one of Rancid's best albums. I don't think anyone is gonna flame you for having a different taste of music...

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I'm on and off about Rancid, depending on my mood. I respect them for what they've done, but sometimes they're songs just kind of weak. I like ...and out come the wolves, but I think their 2nd s/t was better.

edit: oh and you suck blah blah blah, how dare you have your own opinion, go kill yourself blah blah blah *flame flaaaaaaaaaame*