GONNA GET ME A 51 re-issue P-BASS !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geezer316, Jun 3, 2003.

1. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    i recentely got a new job(doing demolition work in the union)and have been looking around for a new bass. i have only owned 1 bass that was brand new when i bought it,all the other ones were used.so i decided to reward myself after i get all my bills up to date which will take 2 more weeks. I wanted to get something a bit different than usual,i already have been through a few jazz basses(i only have 1 left and its a SQUIER jazz),i've been through a few p-basses(i held on to my japanese p/j bass special)and i decided i wanted a p-bass but what model was the question i needed to investigate.so i was reading my fender 2003 catalog and came across the 51 re-issue models,a pink paisely,blue flower:)spit: ),sunburst(regular model or sting series)or the butterscotch blonde.after playing all those models i decided on the b/scotch blonde as my new family member. its not a bass that you see every day and its what made the p-bass what it is today,its like a piece of history.the only thing i dont like is the fact that i have no where to put my thumb while playing the E string,I usually use the pick-up cover to rest my thumb on(the plastic one that covers the actual p/up not the chrome one that covers the whole thing).i dont want to add a plastic finger rest and i dont want to put any holes in the body to install the 2 chrome p/up and bridge covers and the single coil pick-up is almost counter sunk in the body leaving me no place to rest my finger. other than that tiny issue i put a down-payment on it and should have the loot $$ in about 3 weeks. its such a beautiful bass and the fact that not many people play that model makes it more attractive,i still love the "other" style p-bass its just nice to be a tad bit different
    PS sorry about the long thread once i started writing it just kept coming:D )