Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gonna replace my multi effects pedal need help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Oct 24, 2003.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I want to replace my long standing korg ax1000g. I do like this pedal but I'd prefer separate pedals with better quality over all the choices.

For distortion/fuzz I was thinking the Big Muff USA because its kind of grown on me everytime i've played with it and my amp does all my overdrive so I want something way out there. How are those Zoom pedal the separate distortion ones

I have my dunlop 105q wah so i'm happy with that. I think I'll keep my boss lmb3 because it really adds something to a distortion even though it is a little hissy.

Now for eq I want to replace my dod fx40b because its for guitar and the power supply it different to all my pedal so its a bit irritating to have a plug solely for that. I could get a trace elliot eq or a boss parametric eq both quite cheap I think but the boss cost half of the trace so I could do with some input here.

Finally modulation, now I have no idea what to have. I'm not sure what would work best for my music (Hard Rock Metallica etc). I tried the electric mistress the other day and I liked it but couldn't get a lot of sounds out of it. I've heard its good so maybe its me. I also fancy the danelectro cool cat.

I did also see a distortion and loop pedal. I've seen adverts for them I think the guy in sterophonics had one it's yellow and black can anyone tell me its name and if its good I know this is a bit vague but best I can do.

Any input would be great thanks

2. brian_t

brian_t Guest

Feb 20, 2003
    Zanesville, Ohio
    hey the pedal i recommend is the digi tech bass overdrive pedal, i have it and it is sweet for any metal head althogh it does eat up batteries, but that can be fixed with an a/c chord

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I really like my Trace eq.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Ok then that pedal the black one with a yellow stripe was the dirtbox I know this cos I bought it and man is it awesome I need to post some pics cos it has one input one output and 7 effect loops built in its really handy haveing effect cobinations on a loop and not having to turn off 6 effects by tap dancing.

If any one has heard of this pedal and has any extra info on it let me know it really does sound good.