Gonna replace my multi effects pedal need help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Oct 24, 2003.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I want to replace my long standing korg ax1000g. I do like this pedal but I'd prefer separate pedals with better quality over all the choices.

For distortion/fuzz I was thinking the Big Muff USA because its kind of grown on me everytime i've played with it and my amp does all my overdrive so I want something way out there. How are those Zoom pedal the separate distortion ones

I have my Dunlop 105q wah so i'm happy with that. I think I'll keep my boss lmb3 because it really adds something to a distortion even though it is a little hissy.

Now for eq I want to replace my dod fx40b because its for guitar and the power supply it different to all my pedal so its a bit irritating to have a plug solely for that. I could get a trace elliot eq or a boss parametric eq both quite cheap I think but the boss cost half of the trace so I could do with some input here.

Finally modulation, now I have no idea what to have. I'm not sure what would work best for my music (Hard Rock Metallica etc). I tried the electric mistress the other day and I liked it but couldn't get a lot of sounds out of it. I've heard its good so maybe its me. I also fancy the danelectro cool cat.

I did also see a distortion and loop pedal. I've seen adverts for them I think the guy in sterophonics had one it's yellow and black can anyone tell me its name and if its good I know this is a bit vague but best I can do.

Any input would be great thanks
  2. brian_t

brian_t Guest

Feb 20, 2003
    Zanesville, Ohio
    hey the pedal i recommend is the digi tech bass overdrive pedal, i have it and it is sweet for any metal head althogh it does eat up batteries, but that can be fixed with an a/c chord
  3. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I really like my Trace eq.
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Ok then that pedal the black one with a yellow stripe was the dirtbox I know this cos I bought it and man is it awesome I need to post some pics cos it has one input one output and 7 effect loops built in its really handy haveing effect cobinations on a loop and not having to turn off 6 effects by tap dancing.

If any one has heard of this pedal and has any extra info on it let me know it really does sound good.