Gonna see Cannibal Corpse tonite

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by reasonbass, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Finally, I've been dying to see them. Alex Webster is one of my favorite bass players. Anybody else seen them live? How are they. I'm so excited I can't wait :D
  2. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Oh, at The Culture Room, right? I was thinking of going to that show with a few guys from my old metal-ish band but I had to work. I don't even know much of Cannibal Corpse, but I kinda wanted to go

how was it?
  3. CC will be one of the tightest extreme metal acts you'll ever see live. It's just mind boggling to me how they can play at those tempii for an hour set and never give each other cues or even a glance. They must practice 6 days a week haha
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    yeah, I've never seen 'em live. But I've seen live footage. Really tight for an extreme band. A lot of death metal bands worry about being the fastest and evilest and don't worry as much about the music in the show. CC seems like a killer live act to me.
  5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    killer dvd that came with the new cd.
  6. Yes the show was at the Culture Room. Too bad I missed the first band Exhumed. But the place was packed which suprised me. I don't remember ever seeing so many metal people for a death metal show at that place. Anyways I got to see Vile, and the were pretty good they were thight and had a great stage presence. After that Hypocrisy was up and they tore it up. So after 5 Heinekens and 3 Jack and cokes, Cannibal hit the stage. It was amazing, George fisher is IMO on the the best death metal singers out there. He can scream high and low with such force, it looked like he was gonna spew out his guts :eek: . Alex Webster tore it up as well. I don't know how he can headbang and play all those fast riffs. Not once did he look at his fretboard. I was like "damn". He was playing a black 5 string Modulus, thru an Ampeg SVT4 and 8x10 Classic cab. the band as a whole sounded aswome as well as the other bands. The Culture room has one of the best sound systems in florida and they have a sound guy who knows how use it. Everything was mixed well, and you could even hear the solos. Well it was a great show. I want to go get the DVD now.
  7. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Nice one! I'm off to see 'em with a few mates in about 4 weeks at the BradForc Rio (England). Should be great!

By the way, have you seen some of websters playing on the 'making of wretched spawn' dvd included with their new album? Some pretty amazing stuff!
  8. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I missed the show last week in my area because of transportation problems...but I saw them years ago when they were touring after Vile. They put on a killer show. Fisher's neck is huge and you can see why, he headbangs like crazy. Great vocalist. I don't know how Alex plays the way he does...it's truly amazing. If you check out the wretched spawn dvd you'll see a couple of short bass solos. He does a cool tapping solo :bassist: Even though he uses his modulus basses live, he recorded the new CD with a Spector and used an SVT-4 and ampeg 8x10 (like usual).
  9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I had the pleasure of seeing Cannibal Corpse years ago play a concert with Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation, Raped Ape (not strictly a death metal band) and, I believe, Brutal Mastication, but I may be wrong about them. That may have been a different concert.

All the groups were fantastic and yes, they all were incredible headbangers. That was BEFORE I saw Sepultura in concert. Then I crowned the Brazilians the champion head bangers.

I'll never forget the mosh pit at that Cannibal corpse concert because I had never seen a mosh pit in full action before and I was really scared. It was an indoor concert, so I was afraid of a stampede or of being trampled.

So Cannibal Corpse is STILL headbanging after all these years? Gosh, they must spend a fortune on chiropractors for neck therapy. Is their hair still long like it was in the early nineties?

I haven't kept up with death metal. However, that said, I am glad some of these bands still survive and even prosper. The best death metal bands had awesome musicians. I would think the singers would have ruined their voices by now, though.