Good 2nd amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arclight610, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Hey there,
    I'm new to the Talk Bass forums and just had a question. What is a good 2nd amp for me to get? I am 17 and only make about $40 dollars a week so I don't have much money. I am not extremely concerned about sound quality but more or less something louder than I have currently (A 10 watt practice amp). I just play recreationally with friends and at church every week so I don't need anything extremely loud. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Check out a Fender Rumble 100. They can be had for a decent price and they're not too bad. My church's youth group recently picked one up and while I'd take my personal Eden Metro any day over the Rumble, for the youth group's band, it seems to do just fine. Give it a play or two at a local store first to make sure. I was actually a bit leery about them getting it, but it seems to be okay.
  3. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    i recently saw a HS band play and their bass player had a rumble XXX (not sure what size). he used a fretless and got a very col smooth deep sound out of it. i was inplressed. He wasnt mic'd, and it was plenty good for the 150ish people there.

i have no clue how he ran th eEQ, what his bass had etc, but the sound he got left me surprisingly impressed.