Good 2x10 combos?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist31588, Jan 3, 2003.

1. lol, I guess Im doing a lot of "forum derailment".

Any good 2x10 combos??? again, 600 dollars?:D
  2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Go used-(RedHead,Eden)
    Look into also:
    Ashdown Electric Blue-(Not sure if they have a 2x10)
    Try & find a used Mesa Buster Wedge-
    IF you like 200 watts of rich all-tube sound-
    600 bucks is about a ballpark if you can locate one.
  3. JMBass

Nov 27, 2002
    Trace Elliot 7210
  4. Thanks, I dont think 150 watts will cut it though, especially with a 2x10. I wouldn't be upgrading, I'd be spending more money and downgrading speaker size and upgrading wattage minimal, so they compensate for eachother, so i'd be getting basically what i have now... :(

Thanks though:)
  5. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    peavey bam 210... loud... built in effects... wheels...
  6. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Peavey used to make a 210 combo amp called the "Combo 210TX". I recently bought one used so I'd have an amp to leave at a venue that is a nightmare to carry equipment to. It has the same electronics as the Combo 300 but has a rear ported 210 cabinet with a Foster horn.

It does not sound as good as my Super Redhead but the SWR did not cost $250! The Peavey is a good amp for the $$.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I use an Ashdown ABM C210H-500(500wts)the sound is very big, solid and clear.for me it's a very versatile combo.
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Fender Bassmans are good sounding amps
  9. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    perhaps a bit costly, but the EBS Gorm is very nice.
  10. This one gets my vote as well. I've got a 210TX and I've had it for about 7 yrs. You can add a 4 ohm 15 and have a 300 watt 1x15,2x10 rig.
  11. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Check out the 2x10c in the SWR Workingman's series...looks like it has lots of potential man! Also, the Yorkville XM200t is very good.
  12. lowbass5

Jul 29, 2005
    the SWR workingman 2x10c is a very little monster with lot of headroom, if you want more... get an extension cab and you have a whole rig.
    swr workingman 2x10c rulez! :hyper:
  13. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    I'd go used Metro. Loads of bang for the buck, and great sound. Fairly large and heavy for a 210 combo, but does a great job. Cust support is very good IMO. Not sure the recent company ownership change has any impact.
  14. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

When I was looking for one of these I came VERY close to pulling the trigger on a Nemesis 2x10. Specs are nice for 5 string players as the combo goes down to 35 hz! THe whole combo only weighs in at 47 lbs to boot! Plusd it's made by Eden, so you know you can't go wrong. This seems to be the winning 2x10 for the gigging guy.
  15. IIRC, there was a used redhead on a couple weeks ago for $600. No affiliation, YMMV, etc.
  16. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    you guys realize this thread is originally 1.5 years old, right? hopefully he found SOMETHING by now ;)