Good 50-100W combo for EUB?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kelvin, May 26, 2001.

1. Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000

Above message is pretty self explanatory. I am a (soon to be) owner of a KYDD EUB and am looking for a fairly portable combo for small venue jazz gigs. The SWR WM10, and Eden Nemesis 112 combos are my favorite tradeoffs for portability and sound (although I'm not sure how they would fare for an EUB). I'd be tempted to go with the WM10 on the basis of portability alone. Are there're any other combos in this category which I might have overlooked?

Anyone care to shed some light on this issue?

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
  3. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    I would listen to anything Bob G. says on this subject. Also I think it depends a lot on your bass too. I tried a GK MB150 with the Zeta bass I used to use and though it was pretty lame, but have tried it again with my Azola Vintage Baby bass, and it sounds great, lot of volume and great portability which is very important for either URB or EUB players.
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'm not an upricht bass player but my bass teacher used to play upricht and it was in love with the ampeg b 100r. i like it a lot with the electric bass too.
  5. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    ebay had a couple of combos that might do nicely. Don't know if they're still listed there, but they had an Ashdown with a 12 and another with a 15, there's a Warwick CCL combo, and there's an SWR Basic Black that might be a good choice.
  6. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    You can also try the Yorkville Bassman 50. It weighs about 24 pounds and sounds good for upright and electric upright. I have a WM10 and that sounds good as well.
  7. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Actually, the ones I referenced previously are all more powerful than what you're after--in the 200 to 250 watt category. You can't have enough headroom, you know.