Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good 6 string bridge...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Balor, May 24, 2001.

1. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    Hi there everybody
    I have a sdgr406... i know what you probably all think of this bass, i'd like to see what it could do with some better parts. so far, the worst part seems to be the cheap ass bridge, and i was wandering what would be a good replacement.

I've seen a bit of what Hipshot as to offer on there web site, but ABM or the other builders don't seem to be to fund of the internet... Anyway, what should i look for in a good bridge? is there a real difference between aluminum and copper? independent bridge saddle (BTB or TRB-6 2p) or traditional type bridge? are there any real advantages or inconveniences between independent and block...?

One last thing that is somewhat related to the bridge matter, would string trough body help the B, make it a bit tighter?

any comment would be appreciated, good or bad experience
    thanks

2. You can see the ABM at allparts.com. They aren't cheap at $150.00 but they are, in my opinion the best bridge on the market.

Also try Warmoth.com for Gotoh and others that might be a better fit to your wallet.