Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good A/B Box

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Anyone know of a good and reasonably priced A/B box? I need it in order to switch between affected and unaffected effects sound in my amp, Thanks, Marc

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    There's the RFX ABY and Morley ABY boxes I know of. New, they go for about $60, used a bit less.

I use the RFX on occasion, no complaints. Sturdy and functional little box. I bought it direct for $50.

RFX ABY

I've read some reviews on the Morley too, and I think the reviews were mostly positive. I've never dealt with this company below, but they have a selection of A/B boxes.

Music Gear Online

Just shop around for a good price, good luck!

3. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    I know you said inexpensive, but the Raven Labs MDB-1 is really great. 3 inputs, buffered for piezo or other sources, effects loop, and an XLR out for recording. Runs on batteries or wall power, and it's tiny.
    Just my opinion,
    Laurence

4. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Carvin AB1 $19.99 plus shipping in the newest catalog. I use this and it is silent when switching between channels. It is (A) or (B) only, the others mentioned have the added choice of both at once.

5. My Sabine RT-7100 rack-mount tuner is also an A/B box.