Good a/b switch??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by camerondye, Jul 29, 2003.

1. camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    Does anybody know of a good A/B switch to run two separate amps with one bass. I would like to find one without the option of running both at the same time (A/B/Y switch) for fear of blowing a speaker. Something that affects the signal minimaly.
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i think that marshall builds one for our gutiar buddies that i'm sure would work with a bass application...i came across this just a sec ago that you might find pretty interesting...

build your own
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001 the last word in quality switches, true bypass boxes. Dream up what you want and this guy can make it!
  4. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    Morley ABY box, great toy.
  5. mrbaloo

May 9, 2002

I think the Boss AB-2 may work for you. Just plain A/B-switching...
    I'm planning to get one A/B-box and this little thing seems to have a fairly nice price too.

6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

well, those seem really cool. i understand the a/b(c/d/e/f/g/h/i, oh my!) boxes, but what do the loop boxes do?
  7. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Why would the Y option blow a speaker?
  8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Both the Boss and the Morley are not true-bypass, they're tone suckers and will scarf a tad of your lower end. Some people will claim not to hear it, but discriminating ears will.

I'd REALLY recommend for a superb quality, true-bypass box that won't affect your tone at all, and it won't break the bank, either.
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    The loop boxes are true bypass effects loops that allow you to take your cool old analog pedals (eg) out of the signal chain when your not using them to prevent tone degradation. I got one with two loops, parallel loop for time based effects, and tuner out..
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ

I found it on Morley's site, and I can't figure out why their linking to a competitor... :meh:

I love Morley though!