Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good, affordable pedalboards?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thephilosopher, May 10, 2005.

1. thephilosopher

thephilosopher

Dec 22, 2004
    where can I pick up an affordable pedalboard/case? I'm thinking about building my own but I'm gonna shop around, first.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  3. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I found my happiness on ebay :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About 25 euros.
    Look for "luggage" or "suitcase" on ebay, you should find interesting things.

I'll just add foam and make the upper part removable.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    See, the depth on that could be a problem.

5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I'll put the pedals on the cover ;)

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    1. Why is it so inexpensive?
    2. Can I get some more info on it?

8. my guess is that the person is making those boards themself and that would be why they are so inexpensive. if you want you can build your own board for about 20 bucks, even cheaper if you want, from home depot or xome comparable place. my board is the back of an old carpeted pa speaker in a nice breifcase, and i assure you it doesn't not look as ghetto as it sounds, and it fulfills the purposes well. how big of a pedla board are you looking for anyway?

9. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    shoot, rondo doesnt carry those nice CNB effects cases anymore!

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Can you tell me all the materials and whatnot? I really want this to be a nice pedalboard that's modular and whatnot.

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm looking for something that will fit a loooper, maybe BP-200, Aphex Punch Factory, Phaser, DL4, Big Muff, Wah, and maybe a whammy...

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Lay them out on the floor, on a big piece of paper or cardboard, wired up in the way you would put them on a board, draw a box around it and measure. He does custom sizes as well.

They are 3/4" ply (probably sheathing grade, unless he gets a really good deal on something better) even though that size piece of 3/4" birch ply should only be around $7 or $8, so that could be what he uses. Both sides are carpeted, with feet, and optional handles. Heard nothing but rave reviews about them and I should have one on the way soon.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    As for the suitcase approach... what should you put for the floor surface? (What the velcro sticks to)