Good Aguilar service....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greywoulf, Apr 16, 2004.

1. After dealing with such extremely unresponsive companies (such as Godin) in the past, I gotta say it was a real pleasure interacting with Aguilar's tech support and sales reps in NJ recently...

Never having bought any amps or cabs outside of Hartke or SWR before, I wasn't sure my (purchased used) Agi GS-112 cab had an operating tweeter as I couldn't hear any difference when I adjusted it... Well it turned out it was mostly my playing style (jazz-blues-dub) that doesn't utilize the tweeter's range much. Because several of the good guys at Aguilar arranged for me to take the cab to a local Agi dealer, where someone who plays in the higher ranges ("Seinfeld twanging" I calls it :) ) demonstrated to me that yes indeed, that GS-112's tweeter actually works quite well!

It all depends on your playing style, I guess...
    But anyway Aguilar was very responsive in returning my emails and making arrangements; even to calling the dealer themselves for me. Now that's good service! (Are you listening, Godin?) If the problem had been real, there's no doubt in my mind that Aguilar would've been right there to help me fix it..!

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    When I had an issue with a brand new Aguilar cab (possible damaged driver from shipping), Dave Boonshoft himself assisted me. Aguilar is a first rate company, for sure.
  3. Ya gotta love it when a company has it together like that... and they (GS-112's) sound so darned good to boot!
  4. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Right on. I had a similar experience with aguilar recently. I installed an OBP-1 in my thumb bass, (MEC...blech) and they were very helpful in assisting me with the installation.