Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good and cheap bass for mod plans

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EvilBassPlayer, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Hi everyone!

After looking for awhile the "Mr.P" project from AllodoX's website and some parts over the internet, i'm very tempted with the idea of "improving" a bass. My actual Ibanez Ergodyne cannot be modified in any significant form thanks to the luthite body... i have some money (about US$350 aprox.) to spend on my own project... and i want to know the opinion of my bass fellows about a good bass worth to modify.

My personal preference goes for an used Yamaha RBX260, any other sugestion?

EBP

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    mim fenders - you have a good body and neck to work with, but the electronics and bridge are pretty crappy (tuners aren't top notch, either).

You can find them used around $200.

You may want to save up for an MTD Kingston (if you can find one.) People seem to love 'em.

3. I beg to differ :)

My last EDC was modified too.. it had the pickups and a preamp from an Ibanez BTB1005 in it. it did require a LITTLE shaving in the body, but it was minimal..

b.t.w. soming soon : Mr. J ;)

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You could look into an Essex J. Nino did a mod job on his.

Also, Carvin has bass kits you could customize.

5. The market here in Chile is pretty limited... the only things available are...

*Ibanez (except for Prestige models, only pre-order)
    *Fender (except for Signatures, only pre-order)
    *Yamaha (all models, except some signatures)
    *Fernandes
    *Warwick (Proline only pre-order)
    *ESP / LTD (B, C Series only, F are pre-order)
    *Jackson
    *Starfires, Squier, Epiphone, etc...

...our market sucks, i know...

EBP