1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good band, 2 new songs, and fun

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by kesslari, Apr 8, 2010.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    My funk band rehearsed last night. We added 2 new songs (learned and rehearsed well enough to gig) - one original, one old Tower of Power. Worked on polishing some other songs, and getting our feet wet on another that we plan to add (Al Green's "Love and Happiness").

I strongly believe that playing music is supposed to be fun most of the time, and when it is, it's hard to beat.

That is all.

2. t bake

t bake

Dec 26, 2009
    YA! with you. But some times it is about getting paid and that can really suck. played sets of music i would prob not listen to or buy and had a great time. played music i love and it felt like poop. I had to let some work go and rember I do love to play. Ok bass rig GREAT looking dog!!! LOL cool bass whats the cab??? God BLess Gig ON !!!

3. rosanne

rosanne

Sep 30, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    This sounds like so much fun - I'm feeling a little envious. I'm the only one in my band who likes funk :(
    Is it your original?

4. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    Yes, one of my originals. It's coming together nicely, and that's a good feeling.

T_bake - Thanks! The dog is a Boerboel, the bass is an old Tobias, and the cabinet is a Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 10. It is indeed a great sounding rig.

5. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    Clips or it didn't ha - sod it. Sounds like it was fun man :) Wack some of the stuff up on the old talkbass youtube? I love hearing what other folks sound like.

6. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    OK!

Just got this video posted - another new song (also by me, lyrics by our singer). Wrote this a couple of months ago when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Dark, edgy, and funky - pretty much how I was feeling.
    I think it came out very, very well.

7. rosanne

rosanne

Sep 30, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Very cool song! Thanks for posting it.

8. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    Very snazzy :D thanks for putting that up man!