Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good band news (us, our friends, members, equip, etc ...)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Our band:

So we lost a great singer, and picked up another great singer!! Wasn't sure if he was into our direction regarding songs, venues, etc. but we had a meeting and all is well. He also plays bass which I'm ecstatic about... my band likes my keyboard playing and I love playing keys!!! I'll probably play 3 songs / set on keys, the rest on bass.

Friends' band:

They are a three piece and they are awesome, the only shortcoming in their performances is the fact that their PA has been terribly underpowered for years. Their sound has never had the punch and authority that is needed in medium to large clubs. Well... the singer/bass player's brother (also a dear friend of ours) had some money saved up and bought two power amps for them to borrow!!! Until they can afford their own. They were trying to run tops with about 250 watts per side. Subs with about 250 per side. They now have the use of two Mackie 1400's.... their tops will now see 500 per side and the subs 700 per side. Very generous of our friend to buy and loan the amps for the benefit of brother's band. :cool: :)

Just sharing some good news I guess.

-b

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Awsome man!! Good luck for you with your singer, and your friends band too.

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    NP. Yeah, that's always cool when someone helps out like that. And you get a singer that can actually sing.