Good Bass Amp/Cab Modeling Plugins?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oneforyes, Jul 28, 2018.

1. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
    which plugins are good for practicing/recording/mixing? at a good price!

how about this: Hotone VStomp Amp? Only $69:VStomp

I don't like the Amplitube Bass models, Bass Amp in Logic Pro is pretty nice but I can't use it in Mac

2. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
    this one

Darkglass Ultra Plugins
    Regular price€99.00
    Includes:
    - Darkglass B7K Ultra (B7U)
    - Darkglass Vintage Deluxe Ultra (VDU)
    The Darkglass Ultra Plugins come in 32 - 64-bit VST / AU / AAX.
    Latest OS Compatibility for Windows & Mac

probably sounds too modern?

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Many are great. And many have free demo periods.
    Try them.

Look for modelers like the Darkglass where the original amp maker has been part of the model design. It's more likely to match the original amps intent.

I suspect that if you don't like Amplitube you may be doing something wrong in the setup? Have you tried the standalone version?
    Maybe not, but I don't find any of the models in Amplitube to in any way lack that of other modeling software. Many of the IK models do involve the original amp makers and engineers.

4. Drifter_Bass

Drifter_Bass

Apr 5, 2017
    MPLS, MN
    Is there a reason you can't use Logic on your Mac? It's an Apple-built DAW made specifically for the Macintosh OS so that doesn't make any sense to me. If you can get it working, The "Bass Amp" modeler in Logic X is a load of fun - plenty of cool tones that are quite usable and easily manipulated. Might not be 100% perfect replicas of the amps they are clearly modeled after, but they still sound great to my ears in my project studio.

5. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
    Sorry, WRONG message from me... I meant, WINDOWS...:roflmao:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021