good bass bad bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rafterman, Dec 31, 2000.

1. i wanna know what everyone thinks of P-Basses...espaciall Fenders and Squiers....what do you guys think?
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    P.. PPPP ... PUKE..
    Dont like P.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Love my '69 Precision. Was impressed by sound of Squier Affinity P-Bass. Don't really care about the models in between, although there surely are some great ones out there.

Will C.:cool:
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    They are OK. If you can live with that one sound the P-bass gives, then they will surely do the work in every rock/country/blues setting you can think of. Whenever I play a P, I feel like... secure, on the verge of being bored. Their sound is the most basic (no pun intended) bass sound I can think of - nowadays I tend to lean towards more complex hi-fi sounds, but the P absolutely has its uses. As it has had for over forty years. You definitely know what you have when you're holding a P.
  5. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    The P is my favorite. As a matter of fact, I recently sold my Jazz since I just wasn't playing it any more. But it's definitely a case of personal preference. The P doesn't have the versatility that some other basses possess. Since I play blues and clasic rock, my sound doesn't need versatility - but the P is a tool that fits my job just right.
  6. i like P basses and i played a freinds of mines squire and it wasn't that bad, i was shocked because i have a squire strat and its a real piece of junk. i wouldn't own a P bass because they just are not my type of bass.
  7. I like Ps, and have an AM Std coming won't necessarily be my Number One (RB5), but it's going to get a lot of play...and be my designated travel bass. A P can take anything; they are Bass Battlewagons!
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I like all that i've tried but thats only 3. The sound fits just about anywhere as it has been stated before. I might get one eventually but i have wants for others before a p-bass.
  9. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    To my ears,the P is the pinnacle of bass sound.I also like basses with soapbars,JJ's etc.just like the P better.