Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good bass bad bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rafterman, Dec 31, 2000.

1. i wanna know what everyone thinks of P-Basses...espaciall Fenders and Squiers....what do you guys think?

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    P.. PPPP ... PUKE..
    Dont like P.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Love my '69 Precision. Was impressed by sound of Squier Affinity P-Bass. Don't really care about the models in between, although there surely are some great ones out there.

Will C.:cool:

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    They are OK. If you can live with that one sound the P-bass gives, then they will surely do the work in every rock/country/blues setting you can think of. Whenever I play a P, I feel like... secure, on the verge of being bored. Their sound is the most basic (no pun intended) bass sound I can think of - nowadays I tend to lean towards more complex hi-fi sounds, but the P absolutely has its uses. As it has had for over forty years. You definitely know what you have when you're holding a P.

5. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Texas
    The P is my favorite. As a matter of fact, I recently sold my Jazz since I just wasn't playing it any more. But it's definitely a case of personal preference. The P doesn't have the versatility that some other basses possess. Since I play blues and clasic rock, my sound doesn't need versatility - but the P is a tool that fits my job just right.

6. i like P basses and i played a freinds of mines squire and it wasn't that bad, i was shocked because i have a squire strat and its a real piece of junk. i wouldn't own a P bass because they just are not my type of bass.

7. I like Ps, and have an AM Std coming in...it won't necessarily be my Number One (RB5), but it's going to get a lot of play...and be my designated travel bass. A P can take anything; they are Bass Battlewagons!

8. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I like all that i've tried but thats only 3. The sound fits just about anywhere as it has been stated before. I might get one eventually but i have wants for others before a p-bass.

9. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    To my ears,the P is the pinnacle of bass sound.I also like basses with soapbars,JJ's etc.just like the P better.