Good Bass Books?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by BaSsDuDe230, Nov 18, 2001.

1. I don't know if this has been covered (I did search for the book title) i was wondering whats a good one? I was lookin at Serious Electric Bass : Complete blah blah blah this any good?? The Complete theory or bass theory or something like that. That good? Any ideas or books juss post it :D thank you and good night.

BTW I dunno if this should be under this cato, i assumed but if u gotta move it move it :)
  2. One book I found to be extremely helpful when starting out learning theory and that stuff was called the Bass Grimoire. It might be a little hard to find, get it on the internet most likely, but it has every scale you could ever imagine written out very simply in every single key, and it explains how they are constructed. There are some weird scales in their that seem very strange (theres a 3- note scale that goes 1 - b6 - 8:eek: ) But you just ignore those.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    A book about learning to play the bass, u say? well, General instruction seems to be the best place.

who'da thunk?
  4. I don't know if you are looking for a beginner book, but I just got Bass Basic's. I have to say that it is a really great book - comes with a CD to play along to an everything.

Hope that helps-