Good Bass Chorus that isn't to expensive?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_drum, Dec 26, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey guys!

I was lookign at gettign a behringer bass chorus, but I have doubts in behringer quality. So now I am looking for a good bass chorus that won't set me back to much. What are your opinions on the danelectro fab chorus? I own a dano fab overdrive and it seems good enough to last if I dont get to crazy, and the sound clips of the chorus are pretty promising.

The other two I am also looking into would be the Dano CoolCat chorus 18v (if I can find one for a good price i think i'd get this thanks to the soundclips on the Big Sample thread), and the DOD Icebox ( I think I might be able to try one out today and do an A/B with it and a behringer bass chorus for you guys).

Wich pedal would you suggest?
  2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    what's your price range?

the boss is about $60, right?
  3. well i have a the Fab chorus and it's wonderfull i would recommend that if your strapped for cash its excellent quality as well as cheap and its small and compact which makes it easier to carry.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Boss CEB-3 is $80. $10 more than the Cool Cat.
  5. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    I am not strapped for cash but I dont want to spend a ton on one pedal, especailyl not if i can get a really good chorus pedal for cheap. Do you have any clips of the dano fab chorus? Anything that you dislike about it?
  6. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    sorry to double post, but are the cool cats that dano is making now 9v or 18v?
  7. I used to have the DOD Icebox Chorus and I got the behringer chorus for christmas. I can definently say the behringer sounds better. The Behringer is made out of plastic though, but I'm sure it will last if I am careful with it.
  8. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    the new ones are 9v. i picked up a used 18v on ebay pretty cheap - 40USD shipped.
  9. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    A used Boss in clean shape could probably be had between 40-50.
  10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    +1 on the Boss and the Cool Cat.

The biggest difference is the inability of the Cool Cat to warble as much as the Boss.
  11. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    EHX Small Clone also runs about 70-75...

I love it on bass!!
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  13. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
  14. small clone or coolcat
  15. Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    I picked up a Small Clone today. $75 at guitar centers and just about everywhere else. It rocks! :bassist:
  16. I found a CEB-2 (old version) 2nd hand. great pedal. got it for about 45 €
  17. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I got a Morley Crystal Chorus off the 'bay for about $30.
  18. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    The Behringer ($20) is very nice sounding.
  19. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    I tried out the behringer and it did sound nice but I'm afraid of whether it will last long or not.
  20. With my 3 day experience with the behringer, I think it will last long as long as you are not throwing it against a brick wall (or if your not careful with it).