Good bass deals in Austin

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DigMe, Nov 27, 2002.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just stopped by Mars today to see if they had anything left for poor substitute teachers like me. It's looking pretty bare but they still had some nice stuff.

They had 4 Modulus basses at good prices. Quantum 5, Genesis 5 and Flea 5. The Flea 5 was marked down to 979.00!! They also had a Flea 4 and they were asking more for the 4 than the 5. They also had some various Spector basses which I didn't take note of as they aren't really my thing. They also had some Cort Curbow 6 strings and a "brawler" brand bass.

Amp/Cabwise they had an SWR Son of Bertha 1x15 for I think 395.00, two SM-500's (one demo, one still sealed in box), one Mesa 400+ head, a Mesa Buster combo, a couple of Mesa 2x10's (nice deep, but compact cabinet and it said "600 watts handling" on the back), a Hartke 4x10, some biga$$ Roland 4x10 combo, etc...

Other things I saw: They had a ton of MXR Auto-Q and Bass AutoQ pedals, one Tech21 Bass Compactor, a bunch of EMG pups, two Roland V Bass units(one sealed, one open box), a bunch of Danelectro mini-pedals, etc...

One of the better deals I saw there was an Aguilar DB 924 outboard preamp for 69 bucks. I bought it. I might end up Ebaying it to help make my car payment this month but I don't know yet. It sure makes my POS backup bass sound good for what it is. Adds a nice warm roundness to the sound and evens out some rather harsh highs. Still though if I can't cut the payment it'll have to go.

Anyway...just thought some central Texas people might be interested in a little report.

brad cook