1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good bass for $2,000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cire113, May 17, 2011.

1. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    Well right now i have an ibanez sr300... I want to buy a real nice bass now .. my budget is about 2k..

Anyone have any recommendations.. Im looking for a bass similar to one i have now... Lots of frets, small thin neck, and lightweight..

Im looking at just getting an ibanez prestige, because i love my sr300 so much and its just like a higher end model... beautiful finish too

Ibanez SR5000E Prestige Bass Guitar and more 4 String Electric Bass at GuitarCenter.com.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Get your paws on as many basses as you can and find one you like. Hit up Bass Central near Orlando for example. Or if you have a Guitar Center near you, you can try there too.

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Ibanez prestige would certainly be one to have on your list. But like Ray says, go try as many of them expensive basses as you can and pick from faves of those.

4. Antares

Antares Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    $2000 dollars is a pretty good budget, you should have tons of options and basses to try. Since your in FLorida, id definitely take a trip to Bass Central and play as much as you can. Even if its a day trip, probably worth it when finding a bass for that much.

Also, i have an Ibanez SR5006E prestige, and they are incredible instruments. Some people might get turned off by an Ibanez with that price tag, but they really can hang with any boutique instrument IMO.

5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    For $2000, you can get a *great* bass - particularly if you're buying used.

6. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    ^^^ what he said

7. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    +1
    Hit up Bass Central. Those guys are awesome and you cant find a better selection. Your question is pretty loaded. You need to just play a bunch and see whats what. Have fun with it.

8. mannysilvers

mannysilvers Commercial User

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Engineer, Electro-Harmonix
    You got $2000 and want something with a thin neck. If you want something with lots of tonal versatility and a sort of cool shape you could go with a EBMM Big Al.