Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good bass for hard rock sound

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass_player_cd, May 8, 2001.

1. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    I need to know if a Washburn RB2002 is a good bass for distortion sound. Is there a certain type of bass to look for that would be better? Isn't it if the pickups are close together they get good sound??

2. Jman

Jman

Mar 24, 2000
    Waterport,NY
    bass player you can get distortion with any bass its done through the amp.Or if you dont have the power through your amp you can buy a effects pedal that would give you distortion.Why do you want a lot of distortion?Wouldnt you rather be heard clear and loud?

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I know what can get a good distortion... Out of the bass itself. Get a Fender Music Master. I had a Fender Squire Music Master. Turn roll the highs off... BOOM instant distortion.

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hard rock? Distortion?

I have always thought that THE hard rock sound is what you get from Precision or Stingray. Just see AC/DC.

5. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    I had a 75 Rick 4001 that sounded GREAT with distortion.I actually prefered it that way.I was useing a Ross pedal thru an old all tube head with 2x15 cab.Ive not tried the new models but they should work well also.Good luck!

6. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    A well-aged P-Bass will do the trick, or a Gibson bird.

7. Yeh.

Gibson Thunderbird.

John

8. I play a Stingray and I prefer a big muff when I want to get dirty.

Serioulsy the big muff pedal rules. only thing is that when you pump up the sustain the feedback is massive.

I use it in our set at the end of one track and the start of the next, by the time both guitars have re-tuned for eth next track my amp is making a noise like apollo 13... it's wicked.

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    fender precision
    gibson t-bird
    rickenbacker 4001