1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good bass gear shops in San Francisco and London?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I will be travelling to the UK next month, revisiting the land of my youth for the first time since I left when I was eleven. I have a two night stopover in San Francisco, so are they any stores that are particularly worth visiting for a bassist? Similar question for London if anyone has any recommendations.

2. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    California
  3. If you can make the trek out to the Sacramento area, I HIGHLY suggest Bass and Beyond in Roseville. Juan is the nicest guy, will talk gear with you till you run out of steam. Not to mention high-end gear everywhere.

4. KK Jale

KK Jale

Nov 4, 2010
    London: The Bass Gallery is a well-stocked little store. It's in Camden, an area a couple of miles north of the West End and a bit like Haight-Ashbury on speed.

5. Working Bass

Working Bass Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    ^^Definitely the Bass Gallery for London. A great store with good, knowledgable staff. Well recommended.

6. Passifid

Passifid

Apr 24, 2011
    Get a train from london victoria to brighton its like every half hour, then make your way to GAK, there is a room with four wall COVERED with basses and the amps are in the middle, unfortunately they only stock bigger brands but still well over 50 basses to try..

7. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finland
    The easiest store to get to is the Guitar Center, intersection of Van Ness and California. For overseas visitors, it is a good place to check out bargains, if nothing else. I usually don't leave empty-handed, as the dollar is still weak WRT Euro.

Gelb music was suggested in the other thread, and I recommend that store to anything in the area. Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto is good for acoustic stuff.

Have a good trip!

8. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Thanks guys, this all helps, especially the directions as I have only two nights in San Francisco. One month in London.