Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good bass mags

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Basroil, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Im looking to subscribe to a bass mag, any recomendations?

2. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I prefer Bass Player over BassGuitar. It just seems more professionally put together. As for the rest, I couldn't really tell ya.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I get both Bass Player and Bass Guitar.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Me too! Wow, what a coincidence! (actually, these are really the only two around, so there) -- but I do get BassWorld (the official magazine of the International Society of Bassists (DB player magazine))

I find Bass Guitar to be more rock oriented, aimed at the younger generations, while Bass Player is a bit jazzier, bluesier aimed towards the older people... yeah, talking about YOU!

5. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    No.

I find Bass Guitar to be geared towards teenagers who think they're destined to become rockstars. While Bass Player is geared towards people who want become better musicians with better lessons, better writing, better reviews, and better interviews.

I also think if Bass Guitar spends to much time dissing Bass Player its like their writers are in Middle School or something.

6. akuma12

akuma12

Aug 25, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Ain't that the the truth, I hate that magazine. Maybe I'm just biased against that kind of music but I don't need a magazine to show me how to play 4 notes through an entire song :rolleyes: